14 Apr Social Media Marketing Tips For Every Major Network
Social media marketing. Those three little words tend to leave small business owners running for the hills. And you know what? I don’t blame you. It is so damn hard to keep up with social media marketing. It’s a beast that’s constantly changing, making it hard to determine what networks to use and how to use them.
Lucky for you, it’s my job to keep on top of all of it so you don’t have to. Here are my top social media marketing tips for every major network:
Best for: Reaching the wealthy, the educated, and urbanites (Pew Research). Also beloved by journalists and bloggers.
Top three social media marketing tips for Twitter:
- Give people a reason to follow you in your 160 character “about.” Touch on the value you bring to the table, include a link to your website, and use hashtags for the topics you tweet about.
- Tweet photos and images. Tweets that include an image get 47% of all engagement on Twitter (SocialBakers).
- Boost engagement with two words: thank you! When you say thank you for retweets, 1 in 4 people follow back, 26% favorite the tweet, and 30% reply (WebPageFX).
Best for: Reaching everyone. 71% of online American adults use Facebook (Pew Research again).
Top three social media marketing tips for Facebook:
- Run a contest. It’s a great way to win more Likes, but it’s especially useful for gathering email addresses to grow your email marketing list.
- Facebook has been pay-to-play for a couple of years now, and their refined targeting capabilities make it a great way to raise brand awareness.
- Encourage user-generated content, like photos. People will share the heck out of any post you highlight them in, greatly helping expand your reach.
Best for: B2B marketing. People go there to learn more about business-related topics.
Top three social media marketing tips for LinkedIn:
- Create a truly kick-ass profile. Use a high-quality headshot for your profile photo, write an attention-grabbing headline that is memorable and contains the top keyword you want to be found for, and tell your story in your summary – skip the boring resume.
- Ask for recommendations, as it’s a great way to build trust and credibility.
- Share original content. This is the place to let your expertise run wild.
Best for: Reaching young ‘uns – teens and young adults. Be careful, though: they can sniff out poseurs from a mile away.
Top three social media marketing tips for Snapchat:
- Let your audience participate. Because Snapchat is very much a two-way street ask them to snap a selfie (pick a theme or attribute it must feature) or take them behind the scenes at a live event and encourage questions.
- Work with influencers. Before you reach out, make a list of how your brand will benefit their audience and have a solid proposal ready to go.
- Use geofilters to tag your location when you’re out and about. Seeing snaps from other people in the same location creates a connection, and can start conversations.
Best for: Boosting your search ranking.
Top three social media marketing tips for Google+:
- Share your blog posts on Google+ to help ensure they show up in search results.
- Optimize the hell out of anything you share. That means using keywords in your blog post title, first paragraph of your blog post, and as the alt text for your image.
- Include images, photos, and videos in your blog post – anything visual! Because humans love visuals, Google loves visuals.
Best for: Increasing sales of your products. And by the way, this isn’t a “woman-only” social media network anymore. Men use it, too.
Top three social media marketing tips for Pinterest:
- Use Buyable Pins (pins that feature a “buy it” button on mobile devices). They attract new customers, and they send users alerts when a price drops (Pinterest).
- Optimize pins and boards with keywords to ensure your fabulous content shows up in a search.
- Pin the types of images users love: products in context (like pillows arranged on a couch), product close-ups, and graphic-heavy pins, like infographics.
Best for: Reaching Millennials.
Top three social media marketing tips for Instagram:
- Have a consistent “look.” People will begin to identify your photos based on their styles, so use the same one or two filters and focus on a handful of subjects.
- Tell a story about what’s going on in the photo, and ask a question or for comments to encourage conversations.
- Use a handful of hashtags related to your business and the image to ensure your pins are findable.
Did that list leave you dizzy? Leave social media marketing to the experts! We are offering a three month trial of our social media management service for only $500 per month for the social media channel of your choice. At the end of three months, you will see measurable results! This offer is only good through April. Email us to get started!